Your Privacy Rights
Scope and Consent
The RIPPIN’ website is a general audience website, and it and its related Site, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. This information is associated to your account only when you sign in as a registered user. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our Site, applications, services and tools, and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Site, use our applications, services, and tools, or interact with our advertising or content, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or other access device. This information is associated with you personally only when sign in as a registered user, and includes but is not limited to:
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, referral URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information,
Information you give us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Site or you provide to us in context of using our Site, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information you may provide to us via social media Site or services
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Site, or correspondence sent to us
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
Mobile: When you download or use our Mobile Applications, or access our mobile optimized Site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services, such as search results and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus or other sources, as permitted by law.
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Instagram, Twitter, and others.
Use of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our Site and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our Site and the services and customer support you request;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our Site, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law.
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from RIPPIN’ about your buying and selling activities from the Communication Preference section within your RIPPIN’ account preferences. This is also the place where you can control your member-to-member communication preferences, and choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive, and the methods by which we may contact you.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference in your account preferences or within the direct communication from us.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, & site operations).
- Other RIPPIN’ users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you or your use of our Site, services, applications or tools. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other RIPPIN’ user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Credit bureaus with which we may report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on RIPPIN’
Your User ID is displayed throughout RIPPIN’ (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your RIPPIN’ activity. Other people can see your purchases, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our Site refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your RIPPIN’ activities.
If you access our Site from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity, or reminders from RIPPIN’, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from RIPPIN’
RIPPIN’ enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- RIPPIN’ transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through RIPPIN’ (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
No Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your RIPPIN’ password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify RIPPIN’ and change your password.
How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.